Sunday, April 27, 2014

Happy Mother's Day Pocket Card


This week the Penmaker
and I will be attending the Mid-Atlantic Penturners Gathering in Richmond, Virginia. He asked me to set up a display of some of my paper projects that coincide with his pens. Then he asked me to make a Mother's Day pocket card to go along with the masculine one I created for the Bigfoot Conference. His wish is my command. 


I made this one with Prima's 
Stationer's Desk collection. The flowers are from I Am Roses and the foliage was cut with the Alterations Spring Greenery die I bought just a short time ago. It's really been getting a workout... I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this die!!! 


I know I showed this
before, but honestly, if you just take a little extra time and do some shading with a Ranger craft nib and sponge some ink on the edges as well, they look amazing. I like to take my tweezers then and shape the leaves before gluing them to the project.


The pen will be in a black
velvet pouch, but the color of this beauty matched the card so well, I thought I'd photograph it without one. 
The paper clip and tag are 
both  from the SD collection. The feather and ink bottle were cut with the Alterations Writing Desk die.

Thanks for stopping by!
Linda

8 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

This is so beautiful!! I love that deep red feather ... I hope you are having fun!

Sewe said...

Pretty creation :)

Davi said...

Beautiful pocket Linda!! I love your rich colors to match the pen and the feather is so perfect with it all! Awesome pen also!! Have fun at the convention ;)

Unknown said...

WOW!! What a Beautiful card.. I do love seeing your work my friend. Your eye for detail is wonderful.

Hugs~

Unknown said...

Gorgeous gorgeous, that red feather looks exquisite Linda!
Ira’s Crea Corner

Audrey Pettit said...

I absolutely love that the penmaker and you are combining your mutual creative passions of penmaking and papercrafting! What a beautiful fit! Your feminine version of the pen holder pocket is gorgeous. Really pretty papers and fabulous detailing. I love the fancy clip and the tag, and the writing desk accessories are so perfect. And your little extra touches of the greenery sprigs are truly fabulous. Love it! Have fun this week!

Tracy said...

That penmaker is no dummy. He know your beautiful creations will draw people in. You're right about taking the time to add those little touches to die cuts. They make a world of difference by adding texture and detail. Beautiful job Linda! Hugs!

Colleen Dietrich said...

You and the Penmaker make a beautiful team! His pens are so exquisite, as are your paper creations. (and how neat that pens and paper go together, and so do the two of you...I'm slow to catch on! LOL)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...