Saturday, April 5, 2014

Happy Accidents Art Journal Page


Do you ever have an
accident when you're making a project and think, "now why did I do that. I know I should have......." Hummm... I wonder if I'll ever learn this lesson! I know I should always test the color of sprays before I push on that plunger... why didn't I then?????? I nearly had a disaster, but thankfully some of the Denim Color Wash came off. I will not explain further. 


This page started with
a layer of tissue tapes, a coat of gel medium and scrapings of paint.... then paint applied by brush and a cast off credit card edge....


and some with a used
up tape roll. Some gesso splatters, some stamping with Stampers Anonymous Classics #7, more ink spraying with Lindy's Flat Fabios... T-Bird Turquoise and Aloha Avocado... with Crafter's Workshop Tile Texture and Prima's checkerboard.


Layers of torn 7 Gypsies
Conservatory scraps and an image fussy cut along with a Cosmo Cricket text sticker. Shading with soft charcoal and highlighted with a white gel pen. Walnut Stain Distress Ink around the page.


I'm linking up at:
Balzer Designs - Art Journal Every Day

Have a wonderful weekend!
We have gray skies and not much of a promise of warm temperatures. A good day to spend in the craft room. What are your plans?

Thanks for stopping by!
Linda

6 comments:

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

What an amazing journal page!

Unknown said...

That definitely has happened to me. In fact I have a couple of pages in a journal right now that are big mistakes. I guess I should play with them a bit more. Your page looks great my friend.

Hugs~

Unknown said...

That is one fabulous and totally creative journalling page Linda! Love this!
Ira’s Crea Corner

Ros Crawford said...

Absolutely stunning!! A masterpiece!

Audrey Pettit said...

Haha, I think it turned out just perfectly! There are no accidents in art, right? ;) LOVE the color!

Shilpa Nagaonkar said...

This doesn't look like accident, Linda. its an awesome journal page with vibrant colors..love turquoise

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...