Saturday, April 5, 2014

Happy Accidents Art Journal Page

Do you ever have an
accident when you're making a project and think, "now why did I do that. I know I should have......." Hummm... I wonder if I'll ever learn this lesson! I know I should always test the color of sprays before I push on that plunger... why didn't I then?????? I nearly had a disaster, but thankfully some of the Denim Color Wash came off. I will not explain further. 

This page started with
a layer of tissue tapes, a coat of gel medium and scrapings of paint.... then paint applied by brush and a cast off credit card edge....

and some with a used
up tape roll. Some gesso splatters, some stamping with Stampers Anonymous Classics #7, more ink spraying with Lindy's Flat Fabios... T-Bird Turquoise and Aloha Avocado... with Crafter's Workshop Tile Texture and Prima's checkerboard.

Layers of torn 7 Gypsies
Conservatory scraps and an image fussy cut along with a Cosmo Cricket text sticker. Shading with soft charcoal and highlighted with a white gel pen. Walnut Stain Distress Ink around the page.

I'm linking up at:
Balzer Designs - Art Journal Every Day

Have a wonderful weekend!
We have gray skies and not much of a promise of warm temperatures. A good day to spend in the craft room. What are your plans?

Thanks for stopping by!


Kirsty Vittetoe said...

What an amazing journal page!

Linda R said...

That definitely has happened to me. In fact I have a couple of pages in a journal right now that are big mistakes. I guess I should play with them a bit more. Your page looks great my friend.


Ira's Crea Corner said...

That is one fabulous and totally creative journalling page Linda! Love this!
Ira’s Crea Corner

Ros Crawford said...

Absolutely stunning!! A masterpiece!

Audrey Pettit said...

Haha, I think it turned out just perfectly! There are no accidents in art, right? ;) LOVE the color!

Shilpa Nagaonkar said...

This doesn't look like accident, Linda. its an awesome journal page with vibrant turquoise

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...