Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Creative Jump Start #15

I'm sorry friends,
for not being very talkative lately. While I'm content to stay at home a good deal of the winter, I find that it does seem to make me pretty dull. We are planning a little trip to Disney World soon, so that Florida sunshine just may be the remedy. Until then, I hope you'll forgive my brief posts.
Here is my CJS #15 page...


This Jump Start was
the most exciting and promising of all of them as far as I was concerned. When I saw this technique I absolutely freaked out because I imagined all sorts of possibilities with fabric and clay... plus... the Penmaker had just bought a can of this stuff. YES... I didn't need to rush out and buy more supplies! ... AND... when we owned our mail order craft business, we use to sell gobs and gobs of Krylon, so I knew it was a great product! Alas... imagine my disappointment when I realized the images for transfer had to be printed in toner not ink. I can't tell you how downhearted I was last night after trying and failing to get a transfer... all my dreams of making fabric pieces printed with my designs just flew out the window. Oh well... on to the next technique! It's not like there is nothing to create, right?


I did lots of
Distress Inking once again with Chipped Sapphire, Mowed Grass, Shaded Lilac and Dusty Concord. These colors were made to match this piece of fabric that has been tucked away in my stash for eons. I did a bit of rough machine stitching and gluing to finish off my project. A happy place after all!!!

I'm linking up at:
Balzer Designs - Art Journal Every Day
Make It Monday - Anything Goes

Thanks for stopping by!
Linda

6 comments:

Lisa said...

What a beautiful page!! I love the colors and the piece of fabric is gorgeous!! The image transfer technique sounds so awesome!! Have a great evening :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Unknown said...

Well your page looks amazing. I have tried to do some transfers as well and have not had much luck. But like you said there are so many other project to do out there.

Hugs~

Ros Crawford said...

Well it might not have been how you planned this page but it is incredibly beautiful as it is ... I love the colours and as always it is beautifully executed

Audrey Pettit said...

Sorry the transfer technique didn't work out as you had hoped, Linda! Disappointing indeed, but no artistic endeavor is ever a loss. I love how your page turned out! Such beautiful color and I adore the texture of the fabric and lace trims! Awesome!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Still love the outcome to this, even after the problems you experienced, Linda. Love the colors and hydrangeas. You know I love those!

Hope you feel less 'dull' with spring on its way. A trip to FL sounds like a good remedy!

Meihsia Liu said...

This is such a beautiful page. Love the pretty colors. Thank you for sharing with us at Make It Monday. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...