Monday, February 18, 2013

Matchbook card

Thursday night on
Live with Prima, Cari Fennell created three cards using some of the new Prima collections. What I've ordered hasn't arrived yet, so I tried her matchbook card using Graphic 45's A Ladies' Diary instead. Here is how mine turned out...


This shot is with
the cover closed. I added more layers of paper for stability on the inside than Cari did, so mine doesn't close quite as easily as hers. My sentiment will go along that bottom section just above the staple. (I like to add the sentiment when I know what type of occasion the card will be used for).


Here the cover is
pulled out. I kept my design pretty simple.


This is the tag
that's stapled to the inside. I just used a standard #8 manila tag. If you check Cari's out here, you'll get an idea of how easy this style is to embellish. It's fun to make and quick... just what we busy crafters need, right?

I'm link up at:
 Make It Monday - Anything Goes

Thanks for stopping by!
Linda

7 comments:

Michelle said...

I love all of the feminine details. It's so lovely! I saw your link at Make it Monday, and I'm glad I did! Your project is gorgeous. And I like the idea of leaving the sentiment blank. Very clever! Have a great day! ~Michelle

Lisa said...

This is absolutely gorgeous, Linda!! I love the matchbook design...I'm going to have to try that!! The image is fabulous!! What a beautiful card!! Have a great evening :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Tracy said...

I'm sure it will be gorgeous in Prima papers too, but this is yeeeuuummmy Linda! You picked a beautiful assortment of papers for this project. Sweet! Hugs!

lalkygirl said...

what a pretty card ,love the vintage feel and the design is gorgeous
Thanks for joining us at MIM and good luck
Tracey x

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is awesome Linda. Gorgeous image and colours.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

Ros Crawford said...

This is lovely ... I love your choice of papers!

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness. I just love your creation here. What a wonderful idea. And I love the image you used. Once again your project has me smiling.

Hugs~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...