Friday, February 22, 2013

One Must Be Brave To Be An Artist

I don't believe I'm
 either, but I sure am having fun playing around with my new art journal...
the first page in my Strathmore 5.5" x 8.5" mixed media...


I did a background 
of Mustard Seed, Chipped Sapphire and Broken China Distress Ink. Did some ghosting with a Crafters Workshop Chunk Chevron stencil and water then a little stamping. The banner and flowers are made from Glitz Vintage Blue 6" x 6" paper pad. I doodled around on the stems, leaves and flowers with a Faber-Castell S Pitt pen and shaded with the Chipped Sapphire. The flowers were cut with Alterations Tattered Florals and shaped with the handle of a small paint brush. The flower centers are colored with Mustard Seed Stickles. The text is from Cosmo Cricket's Tiny Text Art sticker sheet and edged with the Pitt pen. The rhinestones are TPC Studio.


The doodling at the
bottom was done on a strip of paper and glued onto the page. I actually stamped it first with Unity She Art Doodles then went over it all with my Pitt pen. I filled in with a white Gelly Roll pen... can't seem to leave things as is... just have to keep on playing! Actually, as I'm looking at it, I think I'll go back and do some shading on the leaves.
We'll be leaving for our
trip to Florida soon, so I won't be around much the next couple of weeks. I had planned on getting ahead with projects and scheduling them, but with a large family that's not always possible. I will try to keep in touch, though.

I'm linking up at:
Balzer Designs - Art Journal Every Day
City Crafter Challenge - All That Glitters
Make It Monday - Anything Goes

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Linda

15 comments:

Dianne said...

A beautiful page! lovely colors and doodles and textures!

Lisa said...

Are you kidding me?? You are DEFINITELY an artist, Linda!! This is absolutely gorgeous!! I love the colors and the background!! The flowers are so beautiful!! Love, love it!! Have a wonderful weekend :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Wow, wow, wow this is a stunner! Thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

Beverley Baird said...

A lovely journal page! Love the background and the flowers!

Ros Crawford said...

Linda this is beautiful!! I adore this page ... stunning colours ... Many thanks for playing at CCCB!

Beansieleigh said...

LOVE this page, Linda! Beautiful flowers and colors.. All distress ink-pad colors which I do not HAVE yet, but am working on it! (0; VERY gradually building my supplies! You just have to love ALL the colors, don't you?!! I do!... Have a great weekend! ~tina

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is awesome Linda. I adore the colours and you are very modest you are a great artist if ever I saw one.
I spotted you over at MIM and came for a closer look and I am so glad that I did.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

Audrey Pettit said...

Wow! This is stunning, Linda! Soooo adore those flowers! Gorgeous color, too!
Hope you have a wonderful time on your trip!

Unknown said...

Another amazing page my friend. I love this. I have a strathmore journal that same size. I just love it. The paper is nice and thick.

So glad you joined us once again over at CCCB!

lalkygirl said...

what a stunning page ,love the inkwork and wonderful doodles
thanks for joiningm ua at MIM and good luck
tracey x

Unknown said...

Oh Linda, you are underestimating yourself girl! Your flower arrangement is gorgeous, has such pretty colours and I really love the depth you've created here, so pretty!! Ira x
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

Colleen Dietrich said...

This is so soft and lovely, Linda. You are indeed an artist.

Michelle said...

Beautiful! The colors are awesome and the flowers make me think of Spring! I saw it on Make it Monday, and I'm glad that I did! :)

Anonymous said...

Of=h Linda, this is spectular!!! I love every detail :-) Thanks so much for playing this week at CCCB :-)

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful page. I love the flowers.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...