Friday, January 6, 2012

City Crafter Challenge #90

Our lovely hostess Cheryl
of the City Crafter Challenge Blog, has given a challenge of "Save The Date"... to use either a day, a month, a year or a combination of all three somewhere on your project. 
Seeing that phrase "Save The 
Date" made me think on my son's wedding last year, but then I thought of a date fast approaching that I haven't done anything about... my sister's birthday!!! Yikes!!! It being so soon after Christmas, I am always pressed for what it get her... and here I haven't even made her card. So I jumped right on that idea... at least I would have the card done and if inspiration doesn't strike in the next day or two, I can always tuck in a great gift card (who doesn't love that?).
Here's my entry...


I had bought the Prima
8x8 paper pad and tiles of the Printery Collection while in that fabulous scrapbooking super store in Tennessee in December. Now was the time to break it out. Cream cardstock is my card base and Vintage Photo my Distress Ink of choice.


Hmmmm... seems I remember
a gorgeous handmade flower in my Tecolote Pixie Dust Paperie Kit. Yep... perfect match as is the crinkled seam binding.


Some Rock Candy Stickles
and mini jewels from the TPC Studio So Delish Collection top off this birthday card except for one more important thing...


THE DATE!

Thanks for stopping by today!
Hugs!
Linda

10 comments:

Rebecca Nelson said...

Love what your hands create Miss Linda! Beautiful.

Love, Rebecca

Unknown said...

beautiful card Linda so delicate

Lori said...

Oh, this is beautiful! The flower and butterfly tile are perfect touches! Your sister will love it...

Maria said...

What a fabulous lovely card! The butterfly tile and flower are gorgeous! And, love how you incorporated the date! Your sister will love this card...great job! Thanks for stopping by my blog with sweet comments, take care!

June Houck said...

You are amazing, Linda. Every one of your cards has such elegance. Beautiful :)

Unknown said...

What a gorgeous card.. I love the way you put your date on!! Thanks so much for playing along with us!!

Hugs, Linda

Ros said...

Totally amazing!! I love tis Linda ... perfect card for the challenge ... many thanks for joining us again this week ... have a lovely day

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

What a fun way to "save the date, thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

Stella said...

I think Ii see a winner:)
Your sister will be over the moon with this beauty!
Did I already told that this is fabulous? Wow!
Hugs,
Stella

Audrey Pettit said...

This is gorgeous, Linda! I so love the vintage look and all the soft creams. That flower is just perfect, and I really love how you included the birthday date. Your sister is going to love this!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...