Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Creative Jump Start Journal

I want to share a little 
something with you that I have started for the new year. For some time now I have been wanting to do a journal of projects, art, photos, what-have-you... a type of Smash book per say... of my own design... just casual, messy, off the cuff. Well, Since I was following along with the Creative Jump Start Summit 2012, I thought this was the time to start so I don't miss out on any of these great techniques and ideas.


My granddaughter, Katie 
painted this note book and put the yarn around it. It's just perfect for what I want to do. I have plans to embellish the cover later on. This is all in it's raw state.


Day one of the "Summit"
 with Dina was filled with ideas for "warming up" before you begin to create... no more mojo loss. I jotted down notes on a scrap of white cardstock and decided to glue it directly into my journal... why copy in a neater hand? This is casual right?


Today was making an ATC
using, of all things, toilet paper. Just have to try this... Cuchy's card was gorgeous! And as an interesting note... the class was in Spanish... loved it!
When time permits, I want
to embellish the pages using the techniques I'm learning. How fun is that!!!
Do you need to rev up
your mojo? You might want to try keeping a journal this year, or buy a Smash book, or just create a new scrapbook album. Your possibilities are endless!

Thanks for stopping by today!
Hugs!
Linda

12 comments:

cnelson said...

So cool and fun!

Cuchy said...

WOW thank you so much for joining. This is such a fantastic and creative idea. Love your project. I'm so happy to be part of it

Nathalie Kalbach said...

Wow. this is amazing! Thank you so much for sharing Linda! I love this! Thanks for being part of the Journey :)

Jamie Dougherty (jaylynn) said...

This is so awesome!! I am so happy to see that the Creative Jump Start has sparked your creativity. :) Hugs~jamie

Dina said...

Super cute idea! Love it.

Rebecca Nelson said...

Happy New Year, Linda!

Thank you so much for sharing with us my Ohio friend! :) LOVE LOVE LOVE this idea!

xoRebecca

~amy~ said...

super fun Linda!

yyam said...

Looking good Linda! Enjoy the creative journey! How fun!

Em said...

How fun! Looking forward to seeing this when it is finished...what a great source of inspiration for you.

Unknown said...

What a wonderful idea... I have an Art journal I have done some painting in it.. But I am not that good. A little embarrassed to show it..
But I do enjoy it so..

Here's to a creative year my friend..

Hugs, Linda

Audrey Pettit said...

What a fabulous new project, Linda! This will become such a treasure of yours, I know. Following along on your creative journey is a brilliant idea. Love this!

kissinia said...

HI Linda!
Many thanks for your comment!#I see you liked Creative JumStart as well :)
Best of luck!

kissinia

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...