Tuesday, January 10, 2012

New Techniques Day

Those of you who have been 
following my blog in this new year know that I am smitten with the Creative Jump Start Summit 2012. Well today I was determined to try a few more new ideas... at least new for me.
I started out by teaming up
colors of Glimmer Mist, Perfect Pearls and Lindy's Stamp Gang sprays. Then I got out some blank white tags. I sprayed the different groupings on my craft sheet and dragged tags through the mists creating all sorts of lovely color combinations. One caught my eye as being a perfect match for the October Afternoon Sidewalks and Farmhouse Collections I had just bought at Archiver's. This one I set to the side and the others I put away for future projects. Then I started to make a card...


The base is cream cardstock and
 the base mat Candy Apple by Bazzill. All the other papers are from those two OA collections. I used Spellbinder's Floral Doily Motifs, Large Standard Circles and Classic Hearts. The jewels on the doily are from TPC Studio's My Funny Valentine Collection.



I randomly stamped my tag
with Festive Berries Distress Ink using an old set from my stash, then sponged Iced Spruce DI on the edges. I made the ticket using the "Duck Duck Goose" DP and Tim Holtz Alterations Mini Tickets Set. I sponged Festive Berries on the edges and popped it up on the tag with foam adhesive. The red seam binding didn't match, so I sprayed it with the Candy Apple Red Glimmer Mist and dried it with my heat tool crinkling it up with my fingers. Tied it onto the tag along with a Prima Vintage Trinket.



At the bottom of the tag I
glued on a border piece I cut from the CA Bazzill using TH Alterations On the Edge Brackets die and tied on May Arts Burlap String in natural and red. The Marshmallow Glimmer Misted mini rose from I Am Roses was hot glued on top.
I have throughly enjoyed making
this card and my Jump Started tags. "Thank You So Very Much" Dina Wakley!!!

Thanks for stopping by today...
your visits mean so much to me!
Hugs!
Linda

13 comments:

Unknown said...

this is adorable

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

That is so cute, I especially love that image!

Ros said...

Sweet as can be ... lots of lovely layers here too

~amy~ said...

absolutely ADORABLE!!!

June Houck said...

Really sweet! I adore vintage images like this one. They remind me of the artistry in children's books when I was a little girl. I love the happy colors and papers in the background too :)

Unknown said...

All those layers look amazing my friend.. Love that vintage image..

Hugs, Linda

Is said...

Hi Linda! So nice of you to stop by my blog and leave me a comment! Thanks so much. Your card is great, I'm still getting the hang of card making but I love it!
Greetings from Spain

Unknown said...

This sure is so pretty and adorable Linda! Such a lovely embellishment, too!

Audrey Pettit said...

This is just so adorable, Linda! Love all the detail here, and what a fun technique with the tag and spray mists. The layered hearts and the little girl are so sweet. Really like the random stamping on the tag, too.

lauren bergold said...

ok, see, if i didn't already love your gorgeous stuffs and creative adventerous mindset, this would convert me RIGHT NOW!!! any fan of dina w is automatically a friend of mine, missus!!!!!! ♥ looooooooooooove the "experimentation" aspect, and of course the finished product is also fab! happy new year, to you! xolb

Stella said...

Soooooooooooooooo lovely; I love all the layers; it gives this card so much depth and interest. The image is cute and sweet!

Lisa said...

This is gorgeous, Linda!! I love all the details!! So beautiful :)

Lisa
indymermaid.blogspot.com

cnelson said...

This couldn't bee more darling! ! LOVE!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...