Monday, January 9, 2012

Save Some Trees At Sugar Creek Hollow

For their first challenge
of 2012 the talented gals at Sugar Creek Hollow are asking us to Save Some Trees by making your project with some re-purposed paper... paper towels, toilet paper or coffee filters. 
Yessss!!! 
I told you here, that I was 
partaking in the Creative Jump Start Summit 2012 and that Jump Start #2 with Carmen Sanchez` was making an ATC from toilet paper. Oh, happy day... now I can try this technique and enter my ATC in the SCH challenge. Here is my first attempt at toilet paper crafting...


I used nine sheets of
toilet paper for my card, wet it, folded it over once and gently squeezed out as much water as I could without damaging the flat shape. I then placed it into my Tim Holtz Alterations Postcard Texture Fade, wrapped some more TP around the folder and ran it through my Cuttlebug machine. When it was dry, I sprayed it with Tattered Leather Glimmer Mist and Heirloom Gold Perfect Pearls. (At this point you are suppose to heat emboss with UTEE, but I don't have any right now.) I then ran my Gathered Twigs Distress Ink pad over the edges and across the raised lettering.


I embellished with I Am 
Roses mini roses and a skeleton leaf, two Prima Woodstock Bristo Blooms and some pearl sprays. The butterfly is a Bo Bunny Trinket.


Wish you could see the
glimmer on this card... my photos never seem to show off the shine.


Here I tried one more shot
with a different background... hope you fine this technique interesting and something you'll want to try.

Thanks for the visit!
Hugs!
Linda

21 comments:

Ros said...

How amazing!! This looks wonderful ... may have to give this a try too ... TFS my friend

Audrey Pettit said...

OMGoodness, how fabulous! Who would think that such amazing paper creations could come from toilet paper? This is so cool, Linda! Creative and brilliant!

June Houck said...

GORGEOUS! You are the queen of technique, my friend. Lovely :)

Patti P. said...

Linda, thanks so much for showing this technique and might I say...showed it off beautifully. Never would have guessed this is tissue paper, now I must give it a try. So much beautiful detail in a small package. So glad you could join us at Sugar Creek Hollow and share your beautiful project. Hope to see you again soon.
Patti SCH/DT

Lori said...

Oh, my gosh! I'm so impressed! This project is fabulous - would have never guessed that toilet paper was involved.

cnelson said...

This is just STUNNING!

SmilynStef said...

What an awesome technique ... love the deep embossing.

Tracy said...

This is so awsome Linda! I just love the look you achieved. Whooda thunk! Hugs!

Stella said...

And this is your first attempt? Oh my; it shows off your talent. Such a great idea and the result is amazing. I love the embossed background; it did turn out great! And your flowers are lovely...
Hugs!

lauren bergold said...

oh HOLY WOW!!!!!!!! ok, i just loved this b/c it's sooooooooo very beautiful, clever, lovely, vintage... etc etc... just basically for LOOKS, and then i read the post! cannot believe this is TOILET PAPER but then it makes sense when i read the description (i have actually MADE PAPER, in the distant past!!!) ♥♥♥WOWOWOWOWOWOWOW♥♥♥!!!!!!!!!!! clearly this is gonna be YOUR YEAR of amazing and creative discovery!!!

The Wired Angel said...

What a stunning project, Linda. Your creation is so unique and clever. Thanks for sharing the technique and for playing along with us at Sugar Creek Hollow. Peggy

Payne Holler Cards said...

love love love it! would never know its good ole TP ! LOL
will have to try this - perfect tag (dont know if I could part with it)
thanks so much for the tutorial and joining us at Sugar Creek Hollow - I'm learning so much (-:

nancyparker55 said...

This is amazing & beautiful. Great project.

Daniele said...

wow that is amazing, I bet it looks amazing with all the glimmer, brilliant idea. So glad you joined us at Sugar Creek Hollow
hugs

Tracy Vinson said...

This is truly amazing!!! I have used this technic in a clay mold before but never thought of using my embossing folders. Thanks fo joining us and playing our challenge! Tracy, Sugar Creek Hollow

Renee Matarese said...

This is just gorgeous!! I've never heard of such a thing but I think I need to try it out. It looks so cool, almost like old, warped cardboard that's been sitting in a box in your grandmother's basement.
Renee
Sugar Creek Hollow DT

Colleen Dietrich said...

SO cool, Linda, and so vintage. It actually looks like a piece of leather!! Who'd ever know its origins...

Cec said...

This is fantastic. Thanks for sharing this wonderful technique with us. The flowers and the butterfly set this off so nicely. Thanks for joining us at Sugar Creek Hollow.
Hugs!
Cec

Cuchy said...

Stunning ATC Linda. Awesome texture and beautiful. Thank you so much for sharing.

Theresa's Studio said...

Congrats on your win at SCH. What a fantastic project!

Jasmine said...

Fantastic idea! Thank you, thank you! My Ma {nancyparker55} has been raving about your project for the past week or so...and I can see why! TFS
Jasmine

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...