Friday, January 13, 2012

My Creative Jump Start Summit 2012 Journal Update

The Penmaker and I are
snowed in... well actually we could get out if we wanted to, but who wants to drive in snow if you don't have to. So I'm working on my journal. I've tried to do a page everyday, but today I did a little extra...


Day #6 really didn't have
any techniques or tips so I had left a blank page to go back to and fill in with a project. This was the perfect time to do that. I started with a piece of white cardstock... added gesso and laid down a piece of jute as a type of flourish. Glued some bits of music sheet patterned paper down and painted over all with white acrylic... dabbing a little off of the music paper. I applied a thick coat of Rock Candy Distress Crackle Paint and when it was dry, sponged on Vintage Photo Distress Ink. I then sprayed it with Tattered Leather, Patina, and English Ivy Glimmer Mist. Gave it a shot with my heat tool, then stamped on the Tim Holtz butterflies and verse with Coffee Archival Ink. Lots of fun! 


This is what I've done
with some of my other pages... here was the beginning.


I'm using scraps and gluing 
them down in color themes... not really trying to make something great... just exercising... 


adding my notes from each session...


trying to take in what
the Jump Starters have to offer to help me to be more creative...


and loving every minute!


Our Head Jump Starter...
organizer... our leader... Nathalie Kalbach.


Since I'm such a fan of
Emeline Seet, I jumped ahead to show you her page... love this girl's work!!!

Thanks for stopping by today!
Hugs!
Linda

17 comments:

Bellaidea said...

very cute idea!
I love Emeline`s work too!

Thank you for your visit, best regards!

Cuchy said...

Love to see how the pages grow. The final result will be awesome!

Chriss America Real said...

Your pages are looking good my friend! I will post one next week...why do mine always seem to end up with tears on them? sigh...hey at least i am doing something...

Hugs!

Chriss

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Looks like lots of fun, I wish I could have more time to do classes, I did the mixed media journaling class and you can see I hardly have any time to practice, *sigh..... maybe I should retire soon!

Ros said...

The perfect way to spend a snowy day! This is looking brilliant my friend ... stay warm

cnelson said...

This is looking so fabulous!

Colleen Dietrich said...

I know it sounds crazy, but I *wish* I was snowed in right now! We've had 60 degree days here in NJ in January. WEIRD. And although those days are pleasant, I would rather they come in March. :)

It's great that you're busying yourself with a journal. It's filled with so many neat things!

Audrey Pettit said...

I just love that you are creating a daily journal to document your creative growth, Linda! I really like that you are taking photos of each day and instructor and then adding your own touches and notes. This is just so cool!

Stella said...

There is nothing better to tay inside when winter has arrived. And you spent your day in a wonderful way. This journal looks fabulous!
Have a lovely weekend; stay warm :)
Hugs!

Lori said...

Your journal is amazing! What a wonderful time to work on it - while snowed in!

Unknown said...

I am loving your journal my friend. Kinda reminds me of the gluebook pages. love the fun and easy style. Looks great!

Hugs, Linda

Pauline said...

What a gorgeous journal! Great images and wonderful ideas!

Chriss America Real said...

Hi LInda,

I just posted my journal on my blog.

Hugs,
Chriss
www.chrissandlou.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Wow great journal!!! Love all the techniques, patterns and colours that are going on!! You are inspiring me to start working on my own! x

Is said...

Hi Linda! What an amazing journal! I'm still getting the hang of making cards but I hope I'll be able to make one of these one day! Thanks for leaving me a comment on my blog!
Greetings from Spain

Lisa said...

Wow, Linda, what a fabulous journal!! I especially love the technique you did with the gesso and jute!! It looks so amazing!! All of the pages look so awesome!! What a fun project :)

Lisa
indymermaid.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

First of all I'm so sorry for not having seen your latest posts Linda, blogger has been giving trouble again... For some reason your posts don't show up in my reader, but I think I've got it solved now (I've subscribed again). Lovely journal, something totally personal! And every single page remarkably beautiful! Love it! Hugs, Ira x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...