Wednesday, January 11, 2012

City Crafter Challenge #91

Our lovely Hostess...Ros...
has set a challenge of "Back to Black" at City Crafter Challenge Blog this week. 


Just incorporate 
any black silhouette image into your card or project! Here is mine...


I kept it pretty simple
with Core'dinations Ice Cream cardstock as my card base and Prima's 8x8 Printery Paper Stack for mats. That's Vintage Photo Distress Ink on the distressed edges.


My sentiment is from
Verve Stamps "Joy for the Journey". The die cuts are Tim Holtz Alterations Mini Old Jalopy & Arrow Set and Mini Pine Tree & Holly Set.


The background trees
were stamped from Tim Holtz "Merry Christmas" Clear Stamp Set.
The winner this week
will receive a $15 gift certificate to shop at Crop Stop...wouldn't you love that... and the Guest Designer is my dear blogging friend, June Houch. Be sure to hop on over to her blog Simply Elegant Paper Crafts and see her amazing work!!!

Thanks for stopping by today!
Hugs!
Linda

12 comments:

yyam said...

What a lovely card! Great "scene" and take on the challenge Linda! :)

Lisa said...

Oh wow, this is so awesome, Linda!! I love the Tim Holtz die cuts!! The papers are fabulous!! I just absolutely love it!! :)

Lisa
indymermaid.blogspot.com

Deb Hickman said...

What a fab card, love the die cuts, love the die cuts you've used.xxx

Ros said...

This is stunning my friend ... I love every bit of it ... your die cuts are beautiful ... Just perfect! Many thanks for playing along with us at CCCB

Davi said...

Wonderful man card Linda!! I love the bold silhouettes!!

cnelson said...

This is so cute and fun!!! Love it!!

June Houck said...

Awww, thanks for the shout out, Linda :)

This is the most creative silhouette card yet! I adore that you used Core'dinations and stamps and paper to create that vintage-ephemera-ledger background. So creative and a stunning result; a unique silhouette card. I love your artsy talent.

Unknown said...

What a cute card.. You know you can't go wrong using anything from Tim Holtz..

Hugs, Linda

Audrey Pettit said...

What a great card, Linda! I just love your take on the challenge this week. That old-timey car is just fabulous. Love the mix of the cream with the black.

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Oh my, this is FUN and FABULOUS, thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

Colleen Dietrich said...

I like this a lot, Linda! And I spotted that Verve sentiment RIGHT away. Great one to put on this dramatic card.

Pauline said...

This is just wonderful, what gorgeous silhouettes! Wonderful card!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...