Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Mojo Monday 222

A new year...
A new round of challenges at Mojo Monday
A new month...
And that's the time for the monthly contest at Mojo Monday!
Now remember that there 
is a fabulous prize of a Verve Stamps set of your choice to each winner... one per every 50 entries... how great is that?
Here is the sketch...


And here is my take...


I chose to use papers 
from the Midsummer Night's Dream Pixie Dust Paperie Kit from last July. What a wealth of gorgeous papers in that kit... mostly Pink Paislee and The Girls' Paperie. I love TGP Cottage Vine. I teamed it with white and a light pink cardstock along with some scraps of Kiwi paper in a pink gingham (does anyone know if they still make Kiwi?... wonderfully heavy paper... meant to be sewn).


The Distress Ink is Antique
Linen and the jewels are the Christmas Cheer Collection from TPC Studio. The two-tone rose, sprayed with Marshmallow Glimmer Mist, is from I Am Roses as are the mini leaves that were sprayed with Meadow Green. The dies used are Spellbinder's Large Standard Circles and Floral Doily Motifs... Tim Holtz Alterations Mini Tickets Set.


My sewing machine thought
it was too cold to work properly, so I was only able to stitch the main base mat. 
We now have a blanket of
snow covering our area with more on the way. Sure is pretty... as long as I can stay inside and look at it from my window. How is your weather? Any snow?

Thanks for the visit!
Hugs!
Linda

10 comments:

Allie Gower said...

I love your card, the papers, the flower, the embossed mat - beautiful. Don't you love Mojo Monday?

Ros said...

Wow! Linda this is gorgeous!!

cnelson said...

This is so GORGEOUS! !! LOVE that scripture!

Unknown said...

What a beautiful card.. Love the papers you chose! It is sunny in the high 60's here in Vegas.. I am loving it..

Hugs, Linda

Lori said...

Love your card with those lovely pink papers! Wonderful interpretation of the sketch. We haven't had any snow yet...I'm glad you're enjoying your pretty snowfall!

Stella said...

A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!! I think I see a winer! You really deserve it. I am a huge fan of the Girls Paperie papers too and this is right up my alleye!

Hugs!

Lisa said...

Oh wow, Linda, this is so gorgeous!! I love the romantic feel...so beautiful and elegant!! Your creations always inspire me!! I hope you had a very happy holiday season and that your 2012 is filled with much love and happiness!!

Happy New Year,
Lisa
indymermaid.blogspot.com

papertrails leaver said...

such a lovely card Linda! The stitching looks fab! I love the papers you have paired together to create this stunning card! Happy New Year! :-) Amy

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

How sweet and pretty, it just makes me happy to see those lovely paper and a beautiful creation!

Audrey Pettit said...

Ooooh, how beautiful! And what a perfect take on that sketch! I just love that paper line. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...