Sunday, January 8, 2012

Pixie Dust Paperie January Challenge

There's a 
along with a 
** BRAND NEW PIXIE CHALLENGE DESIGN TEAM **  
and I'm so thrilled and honored to be a member!

The first challenge for 
the year of 2012 is "LOVE NOTES", and I know you'll want to enter this one! Just take a look at our inspirational photo...


The challenge is for a 
Valentine's Day project or a project with heart(s). You can create a Valentine's Day card, or a project with the word "Valentine", or a project with heart(s)... the heart can be on your patterned paper, a diecut, a stamp, vintage images, a charm, etc!
Here is my project to 
give you an idea of what you can come up with...


Since I have a rather
large family and need lots of Valentine's Day cards and gifts, I thought it would be nice to make some mini pizza boxes that I can fill with candy.


I chose to use my
October 2011 Blue Moon Kit because of all the romantic papers it contains. I picked The Girls' Paperie Kitch "Geranium Stripe" DP because of it's beautiful floral stripe on the front side and red polka dots on the back side.


You need to cut your paper
to 11" x 6" and score it at 1" and 5" on the long side and 1", 5", 6", and 10" across... you can see the directions here.


After you fold, snip
and tape, your mini pizza box looks like this.


I made the band from
the American Crafts Pale Blue cardstock in my kit. The red cardstock, florals and stick pins are all from my stash.
I hope you'll try making
one of these mini pizza boxes... or a card or some other Valentine's Day or Heart project for the Pixie Challenge... please join us! I'm just dying to see what my fellow Design Team Members have created.

Thanks for stopping by today!
Hugs!
Linda

16 comments:

Tracy said...

Congratulations Linda! You always design such beautiful projects with those Pixie kits. Kirsty will be blessed to have you on her DT. Your project here is just beautiful. :-) Hugs!

papertrails leaver said...

This is gorgeous! I love the flowers you put together with the heart pins!

Ros said...

This is so lovely Linda ... how nice we are on the same team!!

Sasha said...

Hi Linda,
I just had a quick look around your blog and your creations are beautiful, (including this pretty little pizza box). Congratulations! on your DT position!:)

June Houck said...

As always, your project is beautiful, Linda! I adore the polka dots on the inside too :)

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Oh wow, who wouldn't be thrilled to received a gift as pretty as these!!!!
Great used of the paper in the kit, and the heart pins are just as lovely!
welcome to the team, I am looking forward to more of your fabulous work the next few months at the pixie blog!

cnelson said...

Perfectly lovely! !

Lisa said...

Oh my gosh, this is stunning, Linda!! What a gorgeous package!! Beautiful project as always!! Congratulation on your DT position!! So deserved :) Have a great week!!

Lisa
indymermaid.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

What a gorgeous creation my friend.. I just love it... Congrats on your DT position.. They are so lucky to get you!!!

Hugs, Linda

Audrey Pettit said...

What a gorgeous creation, Linda! And so fun to see a snippet of it on your new blog banner. I just love that Girls' Paperie line, and it works so brilliantly here. The floral band you created is just stunning. Now you have me wanting to make some of these boxes! Congratulations on your new design gig! Looking forward to seeing all your beautiful creations!

Stella said...

This is soooooooo lovely! Ican see why Kirsty asked you; you have an unique style. Feminine and romantic and I loveit!
Congrats being on the team.Enjoy!
Hugs!
X

Angi Barrs said...

Love how your transformed this mini pizza box. Sooo happy to work with you on the Pixie team. :)

lauren bergold said...

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooh! ok, i think i may have to drop everything today and just stay home and make ONE OF THESE!!!!!! (all yer fault when nothin' else gets done, ok??!?!) WOW! this is ♥BRILLIANT♥ in every conceivable sense, and i especially love that all the decoration is on the removable band so it holds the box together AND looks amazing! you are just toooooooooo clever and too talented!

(ps: can i just say how excited i am that you're on the pixie challenge DT! so, so, sooooooooo excited you're here & can't wait to see what you'll do EVERY SINGLE MONTH!!! woohoo! ♥)

Sarah said...

Oh my gosh this is sooo beautiful! You rocked it! So happy to be on the DT with you!! xoxo

Deb Hickman said...

Congratulations Linda on been part of the Pixie DT, very well deserved, your cards and projects are alway gogeous. The Valentine candy box is beauutiful, what a gorgeous kit.xxxx

Sassy said...

Stunning - and pair this with yummy chocolates in the box - pure love! I am new to the design team and look forward to working with you and seeing more!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...