Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Fancy Fold Card

Yesterday I decided to try
making a get well card using an idea Bona posted last week. She in turn got the inspiration from Dawn. Well, I can honestly say they are far better crafter's than I am. I ruined two gorgeous sheets of Webster's Pages before I finally got wise and pulled out an old Botanical Garden paper pad by s-e-i to try for the third time. I still don't know what I was doing wrong, but thankfully the kinks worked themselves out. Here is that third attempt...


The bloom is from
Frog Feathers on Etsy. I strung three silver beads onto beading wire and glued them into the center. The light yellow crinkled seam binding from Prairie Bird Boutique is to hold the card closed.


The inside blooms are
gray velvet hydrangeas from Petaloo.


The sentiments were 
stamped with my Joy for the Journey set from Verve. I used Spellbinder's Labels One and Bird #5 and Branch w/Leaves, both from Sizzix. My bird is glittered up with Stickles Clear Rock Candy and Vintage Photo Distress Ink is on all the paper edges.


I left the center section 
blank so I can write a personal note when I send the card.


You can make this into
a cute mini album as well, or add a photo to the first fold as Bona did with hers. Now that I have the hang of this, I've got to make a few more!

Thanks for stopping by today!
Hugs!
Linda

3 comments:

cnelson said...

WOW! So BEAUTIFUL!

Stella said...

Oh my this is gorgeous! Hugs!

Ros said...

What a super fold this is ... it does look complicated though .. I adore that flower ... wonderful job Linda

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...