Thursday, May 10, 2012

A New Creative Jump Start Journal Page


Slowly but surely
I'm nearing the end of my Creative Jump Start Summit 2012 journal. The pages have gotten so full that the book itself can't come close to closing and the spine is very near to tearing apart. Had I any idea of the size that this was going to end up, I most definitely would have chosen a larger one. Well... live and learn!
This is the page I did
 yesterday featuring Heidi Swapp...


I've been spending quite
a bit of time following  Christy Tomlinson's blog and watching her YouTube videos in hopes of picking up some of her amazing talent for mixed media work. There is just something relaxing or freeing in playing around with gesso, inks and paint... kind of like when I was a little girl standing at my red wagon and mixing up mud pies... (but I hope this looks better than that!) 
 The trees, flowers and locket 
on the chain are all stamps I received in the giveaway from Cheryl Nelson (thanks again, Cheryl... I love these). The other stamps I used are from the Stampers Anonymous Bitty Grunge set. The Golden molding paste was applied over a Crafter's Workshop Chicken Wire stencil. I used various craft paints from my stash, Ranger's Snow Cap Dabber paint, Patina and Meadow Green Glimmer Mist, Scintillating Silver Glitz Spritz, Worn Lipstick and Forest Moss Distress Inks and Archival Ink in black. My gesso is from Liquitex and the Mod Podge is the matte variety. The piece of lace is vintage and from my stash.

Thanks for stopping by today!
Hugs!
Linda

3 comments:

cnelson said...

WOWZERS! This is AMAZING! FAB job with the mixed media look!

Ros said...

This is excellent!!! One of the nicest pages I've seen ... Your journal will be a joy to look through ... don't worry about it falling apart ... that will make it even more special

Unknown said...

What a great page. I am half way through a Mixed media journal and it is so much fun. I Took Christy's class.. She is a hoot. Thanks for sharing your page with us.. I love it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...