Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Happy Girl

Today was one of those
idyllic days in the mid seventies with light wind and mostly sunny (as per the weather channel). A lovely day for gardening or reading a magazine... both of which I enjoyed. I picked up a couple Stampington & Company magazines while we were shopping in Harrisonburg, VA...



Sumerset Life


and Sumerset Memories.

These are my first copies and
 I can tell you, there will be more in the future finding their way to my home. What have I been missing!!!
I finally got to use my new
Christy Tomlinson "She Was a Daughter" stamp... what fun. Isn't she cute!!!


I did my background on 
watercolor paper, glueing on strips of torn scrap papers and tissue with Mod Podge. I did a little painting and stamping... added some molding paste and Glimmer Mist... a bit of doodling here and there.


Put on a few old stickers...


and my little lady was complete.
Can't wait to make another... but I'll have to as I'm now working on a mini album.

Thanks for stopping by today!
Hugs!
Linda

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh.. That is so cute. Your card makes me want to pick up that stamp.. I just picked somerset life today. I have been getting them for awhile. Aren't they wonderful. Enjoy your reading my friend...

Ros said...

Looks like you had fun creating this ... so much detail ... well done to you

~amy~ said...

LOVE your Happy Girl project...it's beautiful!

cnelson said...

Beyond FABULOUS! LOVE...LOVE...LOVE!!!

Lisa said...

Oh wow, this is gorgeous, Linda!! The stamp is awesome!! And I love the background!! Just absolutely fabulous :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

So cute!!!

Audrey Pettit said...

OMGoodness! SHE is beautiful, Linda!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...