Monday, May 28, 2012

Julie's Page

Second post for today.

Moving along in
my Jump Start Journal... #25 was Julie Fei-Fan Balzer... here is the page I created for her jump start.


The sunlight is streaming
through my window, so these photos have a lot of shadowing... sorry!


I used my Alterations
On The Edge Distressed Doily die that just arrived from Jo-Ann's ( 40% off and free shipping... yaaahoo!)


 The background was a trial
and error experience... gesso then three colors of Color Wash... Wild Plum, Sunset Orange and Denim. I put too much on to start and the colors turned to mud. Dry it again... more gesso which also turned to mud... another coat... mud. Well, not to give up... I re-sprayed with just the Wild Plum. Ahhh, looking better.


Some stenciling with
Sunset Orange and a Crafter's Workshop Mini Harlequin... a bit of stamping with Seedless Preserves Distress Ink and Black Archival... fussy cut papers.


A few blooms,
some ink splatters, and I'm happy with the results.


Be sure to visit
Julie's blog... she has just done some "Spring Cleaning" and the results are outstanding. She has a video posted giving you a complete tour of all her new features... check it out!

Thanks for the visit!
Hugs!
Linda

3 comments:

Davi said...

Wow Linda this is fabulous!! I love the effect sure doesnt look muddy to me. So many beautiful details...really really pretty :)

Unknown said...

I had to smile a little when I read about all the layer turning muddy.. That sounds like something that I would do. But it sure is fun to play isn't it.. I really do love your page..

Hugs~

cnelson said...

So beautiful!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...