Thursday, May 31, 2012

Kraft And Twine

The challenge at
Frilly and Funkie this week is to make your project using kraft paper and some type of twine. Our hostess, Linda, made such a gorgeous card, it inspired me to try something similar. So here is my attempt...


I went with a kraft
base and Glitz Design's Vintage Blue 6x6 paper pad.


This is a mini kraft
bag from Canvas Corp that I embossed with Cuttlebug's Distress Stripes and rubbed with Snow Cap Dabber paint from Ranger. The die was cut with Spellbinder's Floral Doily Motifs, the lace heart is from Linda's Etsy shop that I "antiqued" with Antique Linen Distress Ink, the twine is ivory burlap string from May Arts and the key charm is from my stash.


The flowers and leaves 
are all from I Am Roses... the largest one being sprayed with Cactus Gold Glitz Spritz. The blue vintage lace paper is from my stash. The strip of kraft paper was also embossed and distressed the same as the mini bag.


The tickets in the bag
were cut with Alterations Mini Tickets Set. 


I left the tickets blank
so that I could stamp an appropriate verse or sentiment on them when I use the card.


Hope you'll join in
the challenge and pull out your kraft and twine and create something beautiful.

I'm also entering in:
Simon Says Stamp - Anything Goes

Thanks for stopping by today!
Hugs!
Linda

14 comments:

Tracy said...

It's lovely Linda! I love the applique heart and the corrugated pocket with ticket tags. Another gorgeous creation from you. Hugs!

June Houck said...

Truly lovely; I love the blues :)

cnelson said...

Gorgeous! !

Unknown said...

This is so beautiful. I just love all those yummy layers..

Hugs~

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

So stunning! Love your blue and that pocket is wonderful! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Frilly & Funkie this fortnight!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card, love the blue and white ! Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Sue C x

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Hi Linda,

Oh my goodness, what a gorgeous card you have made! I am so partial to the kraft and blue together and I just love the blue toile stamp. Your mini pocket with the tickets is very cool too. So happy to have you joining in the fun with us this time around at Frilly and Funkie!

Hugs,
Linda

Davi said...

Wowzer how totally gorgeous this is Linda! The pretty toile, flowers and fun pocket make a really wonderful card :)

Ros said...

This is adorable! Just love those blues

lauren bergold said...

oh HOW BEAUTIFUL is this??!?!?! (hint: it is AMAZING! ♥) you are soooooooo wonderful at adding ink and texture in unexpected ways... but still keeping an "elegant" vibe (whereas i jump right into GRUNGE!) it is so impressive! love the tickets--and also that you "reserved" your greeting for when you mail the card... very clever missus!!! :)

Georgianna said...

This is really beautiful, Linda! Wonderful details and great color.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Teresa Kline said...

this is gorgeous....so many sweet elements....have a super week!

enjoy *~*

Silvia(Barnie) said...

A fantastic card with wonderful details, love the colors.

Art By Wanda said...

Beautiful card!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...