Monday, May 21, 2012

Happy First Anniversary

Today is the first
wedding anniversary of our son and daughter-in-law, Ethan and Sarah.

May 21, 2011

To celebrate, I made 
them an anniversary card using Prima's Fairy Belle "Marcelle"...




If you look back
at our photo, you'll see the Penmaker and me wearing these pink silk flowers. I had put them away for this occasion along with a bag of fabric scraps and beads from her dress. I cut a strip of the material to make the bow.


She had feathers in
her bouquets so I thought adding this one appropriate.


I glued several of
her crystal beads onto the doily and the center of these flowers. 
I hope it will be a 
blessing to a young couple that we love dearly.

Now... some new
pens that my husband has just made. He has really slacked off working in his shop since he started golfing. We use to play together before our children were born. It had been years since he picked up a club and his equipment had gotten outdated... so when our son took it up he wanted his dad to join him. Ethan bought him new clubs for Christmas and that was the renewal of a much loved pastime. So I was surprised when I heard the lathe turning this past weekend.


He made this one
for a friend that has a longhorn ranch.


The longhorn is an
inlay and the wood is maple.


This acrylic Ohio State
pen is for our son's boss who is a Buckeye fan.

Thanks for stopping by today!
Hugs!
Linda

5 comments:

Ros said...

Congrats to the sweet couple ... and your anniversary card is beautiful!! And please tell the Penmaker his work is exquisite!

cnelson said...

Happy Anniversary to your son and dil! GORGEOUS card! LOVE those pens...WOW!

yyam said...

Happy anniversary to the lovely couple! Love the pretty layered card you made for them! And how awesome are those pens!

Audrey Pettit said...

What a beautiful card you made for your son and daughter-in-law, Linda! It's just gorgeous, and I LOVE that you included your wedding flowers and bits from her dress. That is such a fabulous idea and SO special! Fabulous pens, too!

June Houck said...

Happy anniversary to your ds; your card is so perfect and lovely.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...