Saturday, May 26, 2012

Have A Good Time

In looking through 
my journal, I found a blank page next to the page of jump start #23 Ronda Palazzari. So I filled it in with this...


After covering the page
with gesso and then watered down craft paint, I applied a torn sheet of patterned paper... then did Paula's (Journalartistababy wipe technique.



This is Dina Wakely's
Script Heart stamp that I stamped onto patterned paper and fussy cut. Applied it atop a paper doily, rubbed on some more paint then brushed on matte Mod Podge. I outlined it with a soft charcoal pencil and smudged outward to give the shadowing effect. Kind of looks like it's popped up with foam adhesive... but its flat.



The saying is from
Ronda's art that I have pictured on that other page of my journal. Be sure to stop by her blog and see all her lovelies!

And one more pen...


from the Penmaker.


I'm so happy to
see him creating again... plus golfing!


He calls it "The Turner
Ashby Pen". He picked up that piece of branch while we were at the site in Harrisonburg, VA where Ashby was killed during the Civil War, and made the pen from a part of it. He's giving it to a friend of ours who's writing a book about the Confederate cavalryman.

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

Thanks for the visit!
Hugs!
Linda

3 comments:

Ros said...

The heart looks amazing!! Love it! ... and of course the beautiful pen

Unknown said...

What a great page.. I love the way the heart looks. And the Pen makers pen looks amazing.. He so good at that..

Hope your enjoying your weekend..

Hugs~

cnelson said...

BEA*U*TI*FUL!!! *both the pen and the journal page!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...