Wednesday, January 16, 2013

12 Tags OF 2013

For 2013, among other
things, I am challenging myself to do the 12 Tags of 2013. Yes!!! I have the first one done...


You know it's funny,
but I thought I had a lot of supplies, tools, dies, etc... until I went to make this tag. Jeepers, this required a bunch of stuff I didn't own... but that's okay... it's about creativity, right? So, here I go!


First off, I didn't have
 the Bigz Gears die so I ordered some pre-cut chipboard ones from an Etsy shop. I had to order the metallic Distress Stains as well. I wanted those anyway, so it just gave me the push to buy them now. That's two new groups of items I had to purchase to make my tag. The rest, I just made do with what I had... and I'm likin' the results!


I went ahead and
finished the back side so I could give this to someone and have a place to write a short message. This paper is from Basic Grey's Clipping collection... Typewriter. I made a pocket and tucked in a blank #5 manila tag.


I hope you're staying
warm where you are. Baby... it's COLD here!!! and warnings of an ice storm moving in... yikes!!!

I'm linking up at:
12 Tags of 2013 - January
BasicGrey Challenges - New Beginnings/Something New
Crafting for All Seasons - Something New
Make It Monday - Anything Goes

Thanks for stopping by!
Linda

14 comments:

~amy~ said...

love this...all the details are perfect. Looking forward to this feature because I love tags!

Audrey Pettit said...

Wow! I'm speechless here, Linda! This tag is stunning, and so worth the new goodies you had to purchase to make it!

Lisa said...

This is absolutely gorgeous, Linda!! You did a fabulous job!! I love all the details!! I always want to make the tags, too but I never have all the supplies necessary :/ Happy Wednesday my friend :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Ros Crawford said...

Oh my this is amazing ... you do this style so very well

Cindy van Oorschot said...

Hi Linda, fabulous tag. I really like the metallic edges to it. And the use fun the distress inks. Thanks for playing with us at Crafting For All Seasons

Unknown said...

Oh wow Linda, your tag is totally cool! Really love the steampunk look you gave your creation, amazing!! Hugs, Ira xox
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

Unknown said...

I LOVE THIS TAG Linda! Thanks for joining us at Make It Monday and for the inspiration. Going to give this challenge a try. :) Hugs

Michelle said...

I saw this on the Make it Monday blog and HAD to stop by to tell you that I think it's a pretty awesome tag project! I love it!

yyam said...

Oh wow. It looks amazing. Fabulous details here.

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

Gorgeous steampunk look!

greetings from your new follower, Alie :-)

June Houck said...

Brilliant tag! You rock that Tim Holtz/steampunk :)

In paper heaven said...

So much detail in so little space. Awesome tag. Saw it on MIM.

Cathy said...

Fabulous tag. Thank you for joining in the Basic Grey challenge this time.
Cathy xx

Carol said...

Fabulous tag. Thanks for joining us at CFAS this time. Carol DT x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...