Monday, January 7, 2013

My Make It Monday Card

Hi blogging friends!
I'm still on this Creative Jump Start high, and trying all sorts of new techniques. For today though, I have a shabby chic-ish type card!


This beautiful bird
image came from Digital Perfection on Etsy. Wanting to showcase the bird, I designed everything else around him. I sponged Vintage Photo Distress Ink over top of the image to help it match my other elements. I used a scrap of sheet music and some papers from my Glitz 6x6 Vintage Blue pad. The brads are My Mind's Eye.


The flowers and
leaves are all from I Am Roses and were sprayed with Marshmallow Glimmer Mist. I thought this could work as a birthday, encouragement or even a get well card. I always like to wait to put a sentiment on after I figure out for what occasion I'll use it.

I'm linking up at:
Make It Monday - Anything Goes

Please stop in for
a visit tomorrow... I have some special projects to show you that I did for City Crafters.

Thanks for stopping by!
Linda

9 comments:

NancyD said...

Came over from MIM to see your lovely card! NancyD

Peanut said...

Oh Linda, your card is breathtaking. So beautiful...I don't know what else to say. So glad I came over from MIM#122 for a closer look. And thank you so much for visiting my blog. May 2013 bring you many blessings. - Asha

p.s I'm giving away some candy over at my blog. Stop by if you have a spare moment.

Lisa said...

This is gorgeous, Linda!! The bird is so beautiful and the flowers are stunning!! What an awesome card!! Happy Monday :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Michelle said...

Hi Linda

Absolutely beautiful card! I love the layout! All the elements of this card work perfectly together.

Thank you for sharing with us at Make It Monday this week.

Michelle :o)

Unknown said...

What a gorgeous card. I just love all the layering. And those flowers sure are pretty..

Hugs~

Audrey Pettit said...

Wow, absolutely beautiful, Linda! That vintage bird image is fabulous, and I adore all the layers and details. The flowers are a stunning touch!

Mrs A. said...

Very stylish card. Suitable for a wide range of occasions. Saw you on MIM aqnd popped in for a closer look. Hugs Mrs A.

Tracy said...

Oh wow those flowers are just scrumptious and really pop with the other colors in your card. Beautiful bird image Linda. Glad you shared this at MIM! Hugs!

Faye said...

Fantastic card and colors. I saw this on MIM..faye

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...