Saturday, January 26, 2013

Creative Jump Start #9

Who doesn't like
stencils? Seriously, they can be used on any project and with many different techniques. Jump Starter Karen Ellis showed us three ways...


She used her
Crafters Workshop Karen's House stencil... one I haven't purchased yet... to show her three ways with a Gelli Plate, molding paste and paper piecing.   


I created my background
starting with a coat of gesso and topping it with Cerulean Blue, Titanium White and Grey acrylics, blending with my finger and spritzing with a bit of water. I layered on: 1. Cerulean Blue using the CW Chunky Chevron stencil and a foam brush; 2. Molding paste and CW Tile Texture; 3. Jet Black Archival ink and CW Art Is; 4. Meadow Green Glimmer Mist and CW Harlequin. Splattered on Butterscotch Color Wash.


I'm link up at:
Balzer Designs - Art Journal Every Day

Hope you have a fun and relaxing weekend.

Thanks for stopping by!
Linda

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Another gorgeous jump start, Linda!! The colors are beautiful and I love how you used the stencils!! I need to get mine out and play!! Thanks for the inspiration!! Happy Saturday :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Nora said...

Beautiful Journal:) I love those cute houses, did you draw them? I love stancils too and need to get more!!
HAppy Sunday:)

Unknown said...

Hi Linda, I am so glad I stopped back by to see your journal page. I always get inspired when I see them. This page looks amazing.

Hugs~

Audrey Pettit said...

Such great techniques! This is beautiful, Linda!

Joan said...

fabulous journal page with great techniques

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...