Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Creative Jump Start #6

You may have
noticed that my Jump Start pages aren't in order. I like to switch things up a bit, especially if I don't have the product on hand that the girls are using. Like #6. Nat's techniques were with foam stamps, and I don't own any. So, I just sat that day aside until I determined that I wouldn't be getting any new stamps soon. Then I went ahead and created a page without them...


This background is
done in Tattered Angels Glimmer Mists... Meadow Green, English Ivy and Patina. Did the ghosting technique using my new 12" Crafter's Workshop Paradise stencil.


I used three
different stamps with both Jet Black and Aquamarine Archival ink and applied some soft gel medium in various spots using that same CW stencil. When the soft gel was dry, I lightly sponged Vintage Photo Distress ink over it for just a hint of color.


I love the subtile
texture the soft gel medium gives the page.


I layered on
a little My Mind's Eye Portobello Road paper from a 6x6 pad along with Stella & Rose trims. Hummm... I think that aqua trim is upside down... but that just adds to the grungy look... right? I finished up with tiny wooden clothes clips and Idea-ology Salvage Stickers.


I'm linking up at:
Anything But A Card - Tie It Up
Balzer Designs - Art Journal Every Day
Make It Monday - Anything Goes

Thanks for stopping by!
Linda

11 comments:

Lisa said...

Another gorgeous page, Linda!! All of your jump start pages are so fabulous!! I love the techniques you are using!! The colors on this are beautiful!! Happy Wednesday :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Beansieleigh said...

Love all the technique and detail... right down to the little clothespins! Beautiful page! ~tina

Unknown said...

Another gorgeous page. Lots of amazing details my friend.

Hugs~

Ros Crawford said...

This is one terrific journal ... beautiful page again

June Houck said...

Hooray for using your current stash to play and create :) Your Tattered Angels background is so pretty!

Bunny said...

I saw it on MIM. This a nice page. So much detail. Pretty.

Clare Lloyd said...

a really great page. x

Michelle said...

This is awesome Linda. I love the detail,the more I look the more I see. I'm not familiar with this Gel medium product,think I am going to have to get familiar with it now, lol.

Thank you for sharing with us at Make It Monday this week.

Michelle :o)

Julia S-W said...

Gorgeous details on this page! The little tiny pegs are just wonderful and I love the background you've created.
Thanks so much for joining the Anything But A Card challenge this time.

mark gould said...

wow, stunning bg colour and texture. I love all the layers. Thanks for joining us at Anything But A Card

Christy said...

Seriously gorgeous page! I love the lace and those little clothespins are to die for!!!! Thanks for joining us at Anything But a Card!!! :) :) :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...