Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Graphic 45 Decorated Mache` Box

Hi blogging friends!
It's COLD here in Ohio... our high today is suppose to reach a whopping 13 degrees... but it's warm and cozy in my studio. I made a little something for my granddaughter's birthday...


I thought she might
like putting some of her little treasures in it.


I bought this mache`
box some time ago, put on a coat of gesso... and that's as far as I got. It's just been sitting on a shelf waiting for me to complete it. Today was the day!


The papers I used
came from my old Once Upon A Springtime 8x8 pad from Graphic 45. There were only a few full sheets and some scraps left, but that was enough to chose from and to cover it.


The flower on top is
Prima, the side crocheted ones are from I Am Roses and topped with Queen & Co pearls. The trims are from my stash, which is very much depleted and needs to be re-stocked. Hummm... I forsee shopping in the near future.
Just a little fun project you may like to try!
Stay warm!

I'm linking up to:
Make It Monday - Anything Goes

Thanks for stopping by!
Linda

8 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh wow, this is stunning, Linda!! What a gorgeous box!! I love how you framed it with ribbon!! The papers are beautiful!! She will treasure this!! It's a whopping 10 here right now...I'm so ready for spring!! Happy Tuesday :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

What a great present for a girl!! Amazing....

greetings, Alie :-)

Unknown said...

Linda, this is stunning and your granddaughter will love it. I know I do!!! Hope she has a very happy birthday! TFS

Rene said...

This is so girly and pretty! Thank you so much for joining us at Make it Monday this week! Don’t forget to leave a comment for another entry and mention you saw them on MIM for a chance at our second prize! Good luck and I hope to see you back soon!
Rene ;D

Unknown said...

Oh my word Linda! Your granddaughter will cherish this so much! love the papers and gorgeous frills, so very feminine and girly. Very elegant indeed! Hugs, Ira x
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

June Houck said...

Gorgeous box! I still hoard those G45 papers...they make the loveliest projects :)

Barbara said...

This creation caught my eye on MIM, so I popped over for a closer look. Wow, what a fabulous gift for a young girl....she'll love it. xx

Starr said...

Oh how lovely! The papers you've chosen are perfect. I saw this on MIM and had to have a closer look.
Beautifully done!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...