Friday, January 18, 2013

Creative Jump Start #8

If you're taking
advantage of Nathalie Kalbach's Creative Jump Start Summit 2013, you are familiar with the sponsor spots that show up every few days. Sad to say, I haven't purchased any product from Jump Starter #8, Darkroom Door. Their rubber stamps look amazing! Here's the page I created for them...


I blended three
acrylics for the background... Red Ochre, Grey and Titanium White spritzed with a little water.


Once I got started,
I couldn't stop piling on the layers. I pulled out my whole stack of stencils and began... first with the Titanium White acrylic, a brush and Studio Calico's Bubbles. Second, soft gel medium and Crafter's Workshop Punchinella. 


Next, CW Chevron
 Arrows spraying with Lindy's Stamp Gang  Rudolph's Nose Red Starburst... CW Ledger stencil, a sponge brush and cheap black craft paint. Added some drops of Black Marble Dylusions ink and finished off with Jet Black Archival ink and one of the Stampers Anonymous Bitty Grunge stamps.


Grabbing my box of
scraps, I cut a few banners and glued all the pieces together.


Lots of texture...
and as Donna Downey says... Happy Place!!!

I'm linking up to:
Balzer Designs - Art Journal Every Day

Thanks for stopping by!
Linda

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your fab background Linda!
Alison x

coco.nut said...

great work!!!

Lisa said...

This is beautiful, Linda!! The background is fabulous!! I love it!! Happy Friday :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Linda Kunsman said...

what a fab background Linda B! I admire you for arting it up using the JumpStarts!

Audrey Pettit said...

Having never created backgrounds like this, I am completely amazed by the depth and detail you are able to achieve with layers of mediums and stencils! Wow! So super gorgeous!

Unknown said...

Hi just found you via the journalling linkup on Blazer Designs! love this idea for a background, now following as keen to see what you do next! come over and say hi, this blogger link probably will take you to my family blog, my art blog is here on wordpress xxxxxx http://janeggg.wordpress.com/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...