Friday, January 11, 2013

Creative Jump Start #3 And #4

I thought I may
need to double up on showing you my projects to get them all in. Here is what I created for lovely Heidi Swapp's mask/stencil tips and for USArtQuest...


You would think
that a woman that has been crafting since she was in her teens could cut out a heart mask at first try. I won't tell you how many are in my trash can at the moment. I did (finally) manage to make one to fit the page and do Heidi's masking and stenciling technique.


I ran into another
snag with not having any 12x12 stencils. I had to move my smaller one twice and didn't get quite enough spray in the center. I've since ordered several new larger stencils... good excuse to buy!


Inks;
Spray - Lindy's Stamp Gang Cotton Candy Pink Starburst
Distress - Worn Lipstick, Spun Sugar
Archival - Jet Black
Stencils;
Studio Calico Bubbles, homemade heart mask 
Stamps;
Unity Insightful Meadows
Misc;
Faber-Castell black S Pitt pen


Now USArtQuest...


No set techniques...
so I just played around with inks. I don't own any USArtQuest product... so I need to check out what's available.


Inks;
Distress - Shaded Lilac, Dusty Concord, Picked Raspberry
Archival - Jet Black
Sprays;
 Glimmer Mist - Marshmallow
Lindy's Stamp Gang - Scintillating Silver
Goosebumps - Clear Texture
Stencils;
Crafter's Workshop - Tile Texture, Punchinella, Dandelions


Misc;
Golden Matte Soft Gel, Prima flowers, cardstock flourish, feather, Prima paper scraps


I wish you could
see this shimmer and texture... the combination of the gel medium, Goosebumps and Scintillating Silver are magnificent... then you have the distress inks reacting to the gel medium and "bleeding" into it to create a fabulous blend of colors and textures and beneath that the subtile ghosting of the Dandelions stencil. LOVE it!!!
Sometime soon  
I want to show you a mini album and an altered Starbuck's bag.

I'm linking up to:
Balzer Designs - Art Journal Every Day

Thanks for stopping by!
Linda

10 comments:

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

So very pretty, I adore the sweet colors and masking background.
Tell me about it, I have project line up till March, I think I spent too much time in my craft room lately : 0

Audrey Pettit said...

These are beautiful, Linda! Soooo love that heart stenciling and all the layers of texture and color!

Janet Joehlin said...

The texture on that bottom photo makes me want to run my fingers over it! Lovely pages!

Lisa said...

Two more gorgeous pages, Linda!! I am loving each technique you used!! The texture is fabulous!! Happy Friday :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Anonymous said...

I love the colors and shimmer on the bottom one, these are so so pretty, I love the heart stenciling!!! You make me want to get my hands inky!

Linda Kunsman said...

what pretty art Linda B! I've been following the Jumpstart series too-so fun, and there's always something to learn no matter how long one's been arting. I've been jotting some things down-so far I got some fun duct tape and taped the edges of my stencils (from Julie Balzer's jumppstart).

Donna Heber said...

Hi Linda,

I love your journals! They are in my favorite colors. The shimmer really adds some bling. Thank you for stopping to visit me from Make It Monday. Wishing you a creative weekend!

Unknown said...

Hello my friend. I really love your pages here. I just love the heart stencil. So cool that you made that yourself. Sound like your having fun playing with your inks..

Hugs~

nnalorac said...

Wow Linda, your front cover is just gorgeous. Love the design, the colours and texture. I'm sure it's so lovely in real life. So glad you dropped by and I returned your visit via MIM. Carolxx

Ros Crawford said...

Wow! what lovely pages these are ... I love the pink

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...