Sunday, January 20, 2013

I Am Resolved

The other day
on Ronda Palazzari's blog, she posted a gorgeous journal page with the word Resolve. Having gotten my attention, I proceeded to read what she had to say about it, and discovered that it was her design team project for One Little Word. Ah haa... I like this! A challenge to scrap a word... RESOLUTIONS. Immediately an old gospel song came to my mind. It starts...

I am resolved no longer to linger,
Charmed by the world's delight,
Things that are higher, things that are nobler,
These have allured my sight.

but this is the verse I was thinking of...

I am resolved to follow the Savior,
Faithful and true each day;
Heed what He sayeth, do what He willeth,
He is the living Way.

That was my inspiration, and this is what I created...


I started with the
8x8 Place In Time paper pad from Graphic 45. I backed the January sheet with a piece from their 12x12 Communique pad plus some chipboard for added strength.


I printed the photo
in black and white to match the papers better.


A tag from the 
January embellishments sheet and a French Lace paper doily.


Clear Rock Candy
Stickles on the snowy parts and TPC Studio rhinestones.


 A Momenta metal corner.


Shabby Chic
Treasures frame by Prima, a Spare Parts bottle cap from The Paper Studio, and I Am Roses flowers. More tags with one having my list of Resolutions.


A Prima clock.


More I Am Roses.


Authentique Petite
Type Square alphas and American Crafts Doll Thickers that I colored with Faded Jeans Distress Ink.
Why don't you Resolve 
to enter this challenge with me or stop by and check out the DT's gorgeous work here.

I am linking up at:
One Little Word - Resolutions
Word Art Wednesday - Anything Goes

Thanks for stopping by!
Linda

13 comments:

Lisa said...

Absolutely stunning, Linda!! The papers are so gorgeous and all of the embellishments you used are fabulous!! The picture is so beautiful!! What an awesome layout!! Happy Sunday :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Karen Letchworth said...

I am in AWE of this gorgeous layout, Linda. Did your bottle cap come that way, or did you use some fabulous technique to get it to look so cool? I'd LOVE to know!!! If you have time to stop by my blog or email me to let me know.
Thanks for sharing this in our challenge this week. What a blessing!
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

A gorgeous collage Linda!

greetings, Alie :-)

Unknown said...

One little word, resolve, and you Linda have produced nothing less than a masterpiece. It is ABSOLUTELY beautifully done and I could just look at it for hours. So many lovely details. Please visit us again very soon.
Thank you for joining us at Word Art Wednesday.
Carole Robb Bisson
The Blessing of the LORD be Upon You!

June Houck said...

Hooray for being resolved! My word is "move"...I need to be less sedentary. Your LO is as beautiful as it is powerful. Happy 2013!

Audrey Pettit said...

Wow, wow, wow! This is absolutely breathtaking, Linda!

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness girly. I am in love with this page. I love how you got your inspiration. It really is an amazing page.

Hugs~

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Such wonderful work there Linda!!!!

Jo Ann said...

What a great page. So many wonderful things in there. You did a fabby job! Thanks for blessing us with your project today at Word Art Wednesday. Hugs, always!

JO ANN
http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

Ros Crawford said...

Truly truly beautiful ... Just love this Linda

Lynn said...

Love what you did with this word! Gorgeous layout!!! THanks for playing!

Denise said...

so beautiful.

rev said...

so pretty!! gorgeous!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...