Saturday, January 19, 2013

Birthday Invitation Reinvented

Our weekend here 
in Ohio has started out with the most beautiful weather. There is nothing like blue skies to brighten your day. How is yours?


My granddaughter Penny's
birthday is coming up and I wanted to make her a special card. What better way than to recycle a birthday invitation from another happy time. This castle image was the front of my granddaughter Katie's birthday party invitation two years ago. It being so sweet, I tucked it away into my stash for just such an occasion as this. It's so fitting for both of my darling granddaughters. Now they can say that they each had a part of it.


I trimmed it down,
and put it on a base of white cardstock layered with red cardstock topped with a tiny heart patterned paper. I sponged the edges with Worn Lipstick Distress Ink and sprinkled around a few dainty pink butterflies.


The heart is a scrap
of hand dyed wool cut with Alterations Mini Hearts set. The bow is red seam binding. The flowers are all from I Am Roses and the heart pin is Maya Road.

I'm linking up at:
Craft Us Crazy - Valentines/Love and/or /Use the Color Red 
Little Scrap Pieces - Use A Flower
The Pink Elephant - Pink, Red & White

Thank you so much
for all the kind comments you've been leaving. They certainly are an encouragement. 
Have a wonderful weekend, friends.

Thanks for stopping by!
Linda

12 comments:

Sheila said...

This is absolutely gorgeous and I bet your grandaughters will love it! I love the whole thing, but the little butterflies look like they are going to fly right off the page!

Audrey Pettit said...

Blue skies here, too, Linda! What a super sweet birthday card this is! I love the idea of recycling old card fronts for new purposes. All your additional touches makes this truly magical for a little girl! Love that wool heart and pin, and love the big bow and flowers, also. Uh-dorable!

Unknown said...

Oh my Linda, your granddaughter must be over the moon with her girly card! Totally perfect for a real princess, most adorable with all these tiny details! Have a lovely weekend, take care, Ira
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

Shelly said...

Oh wow, it's so BEAUTIFUL! The flower is GORGEOUS!
Thanks for joining us over at Little Scrap Pieces!
Shelly

Valentina said...

I love castles, princesses and fairytales!
thanks for sharing your lovely card at Craft us crazy

Lisa said...

Oh Linda, this is so sweet!! I love that you recycled an invite!! The flower is absolutely gorgeous!! What a perfect card for a princess!! I hope she has a wonderful birthday!! Thanks so much for joining us at Little Scrap Pieces and happy Saturday my friend :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Sherrie K. said...

Wow, way to recycle! This is lovely and such pretty colors! I lOVE the beautiful cluster of ribbon, flowers and stick pin! Gorgeous birthday card!
Thanks for joining us in the challenge at LSP!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

So pretty! Love the scene and the great flower and trim! Thanks for joining us over at Little Scrap Pieces! DT Member Carri~Abusybee

Sheri Gilson said...

Great card...love the flower!! Thanks so much for playing along with The Pink Elephant!!

Merry said...

That is such a wonderful card....love all the flowers.

Karen said...

oh what a lovely idea to recyle the invitation in such a meaningful way. Your flower is just gorgeous. thank you so much for joining the lsp use a flower challenge. Karen

Unknown said...

How clever are you. I love the way you recycled this. And with your special touch I am sure she will love it.

Hugs~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...