Tuesday, January 8, 2013

City Crafter's Book Paper Challenge

I'm so happy and honored
to again have a spot as the Guest Designer at City Crafter's Challenge Blog.


 Our hostess, the amazingly 
talented Linda Robinson, has given a challenge of making a project using book paper.

(Isn't this a fabulous photo!)

Having been a book 
seller for thirteen years, I love using book paper... and as you can see by this partial stack from my stash, am well prepared...


in fact, so prepared,
that I created two projects. The first is this art journal page...


Along with the book 
paper is My Mind's Eye Sunshine collection papers, a French lace paper doily and a Prima clock. The page is bordered with vintage lace from my stash.


The tiny I Am Roses 
blossoms were edged with the same Yellow Ochre acrylic artist paint I used on the page. The leaves are from IAR, also. The white Bristo fabric flower is from Prima.


I used molding
paste with the Crafter's Workshop stencil Mini Tile Texture... which is my favorite at the moment especially on these smaller size pages.


The sweet bird image
is from Digital Perfection on Etsy. 
For my second
project, I did a CAS card. As I said before, I have to do more in this style so they can be mailed in regular flat envelopes. 


This is on a Recollections 
Kraft cardstock base with ivory mats. The patterned paper was a scrap from the Tecolote Pixie Dust Paperie kit from September 2011. I believe it is GCD Studio's Ella Blue... just guessing. Both sides were fabulous, and I wish I could just hoard it... but then we couldn't enjoy looking at it! So I stamped right on it with Jet Black Archival Ink, and am so please with the results. The stamp is from the MidWinter set from Artistic Outpost.


Some of the book
papers came from a PD kit also... Blue Moon from October 2011... the lovely Lauren Bergold assembling the bundle of ephemera. 


I chose this sheet
for the cold description. The snowflakes were made from the mini Alterations die set and the rhinestones are from TPC Studio.
Sorry this is so 
long a post... hope you stayed with me to the end because I want to encourage you to hop over to CCCB and check out the DT's lovely creations. Have a happy day!

I'm linking to:
Artistic Outpost Referral Program - Anything Goes
Balzer Designs - Art Journal Every Day

Thanks for stopping by!
Linda

15 comments:

Davi said...

LOVE that journal page Linda, so many pretty elements and the card is really lovely with the wintery look :)

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

The journal page is SUPER pretty! and the card is SUPER sweet! LOVE them.
Thanks for being our guest this week at CCCB, such a pleasure to have you!

Unknown said...

Oh my stars. What an amazing creations. I love what you have done with the book paper. So happy to have you as our GD this week.

Hugs~

Audrey Pettit said...

Congratulations on your guest designer spot, Linda! Wow, your projects are gorgeous! Love that art journal page with the bird theme, and your mailable card is just stunning!

Unknown said...

New follower here. Congrats on the honor of being the Guest Designer. Your work is amazing and I love that journal page :-)

Looking forward to seeing more. I am interested in Graphic Design so when I noticed you were one I just new I had to pop over here.

Happy Crafting,
Tracie
http://homeofthepurskey.blogspot.com

Lisa said...

Congratulations on your guest design spot, Linda!! Both of your cards are absolutely stunning!! You used book paper perfectly!! Happy Tuesday :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Tracy said...

WOW! These are amazing. That collection of papers was put to wonderful use Linda. Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your GDT!! I love your creations, just wonderful!

Linda Visser - van der Velden said...

Love your cards! Especially the one with the bird :) cute!!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Oh, Linda, gosh these are both gorgeous! Really and truly beautiful. I did not know you were a bookseller. I like your collection of pages tied with twine. :) Happy New Year, my friend! And thanks for your visits recently....I always love to 'see' you. :)

Ros Crawford said...

So happy that we have you with us at CCCB this week ... your creations are stunning as always ... I love that stamp with the cabin and it's perfect the way you used it ...

Merry said...

Two wonderful creations....love how you have used the book pages.

Unknown said...

beautiful journal page - nice bird and so many interesting details!)

Lisa Somerville said...

Beautiful cards, love the added book note pages! Thanks for playing along with us at Artistic Outpost!

Words and Pictures said...

A beautiful card with the snowy cottage - I'm also a huge fan of book pages, and really love your journal page too - gorgeous textures and layers. Lovely to have you join us at Artistic Outpost!
Alison x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...